After departing for Brighton on a season-long loan, Ansu Fati apparently opted to take on a new challenge.
WHAT HAPPENED ? The Spanish forward has already departed for English shores, claims Mundo Deportivo. On Thursday, he will have his medical and sign his contract with the Seagulls. The Premier League team will pay 80% of his wage, with Barcelona covering the remaining 20%. Sevilla was also interested in the youngster, but they were unable to match Brighton’s offer in terms of money or athletic endeavour.
OVERALL PERSPECTIVE: Italian manager Roberto de Zerbi was instrumental in persuading Fati to move. The coach called the player around five times to thoroughly lay out his strategy for turning the forward into a franchise player and giving him a crucial position on his squad. De Zerbi is a tremendous fan of Fati and went above and beyond when he learned he was available to join the Premier League club. Fati was particularly intrigued by Brighton’s project and readiness to put its faith in young players.
THEN WHAT? If Fati passes his medical exam and completes all other requirements, it will be interesting to see if he gets a chance to play in his new colours when Brighton plays Newcastle United on Saturday night in a Premier League match.